We are a multi-lingual team with over twenty years’ experience in translation. Mark, the founder and editor-in-chief of Cadenza, studied European literature at Essex University, philosophy at University College London, followed by further studies at La Universidad Complutense de Madrid and Exeter University. He specialises in European philosophy and is a member of the Royal Institute of Philosophy and of the Institute for Learning.
What unites everyone at Cadenza is our devotion to our specialist fields and our unwillingness to translate anything else. The Cadenza team comprises almost 100 translators and editors. All are highly-qualified specialists, the majority of whom have been awarded doctorates and possess a recognised translation qualification. Not only have they demonstrated excellence in their fields, they have also undergone our rigorous selection procedure. Of course, only native speakers translate into the target language.
The qualities embodied in our translators and editors are:
- Familiarity with the subject (within both the analytical and European traditions).
- Familiarity with the relevant publications.
- Minute attention to detail.
- Scrupulous adherence to appropriate style.
- Absolute insistence on the coherence and readability of the final text.